A MUST-buy for …
… stamp or coin collectors who want to see the fine details of items in their collection, or for beginner budding scientist who want to explore the world beyond the naked eye the Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation stand allows to view tiny details on your computer monitor using your OS for windows, Mac, on Linux. Easy and fun to use and sold for an attractively low price, this digital microscope will make studying and learning more about science fun. All you need to do is download the proper software and you are good to go. This digital microscope is sure to capture the interest and provide educational fun for the entire family.
Features of the Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand
- This digital microscope uses webcam chipset and sensor to support almost any operating system and standard webcam software.
- 2.0 megapixels up to 250X magnification the magnification automatically will correspond with the size of your computer monitor
- LED halo light and brightness adjustment control for better viewing of those minute objects
- Flexible arm stand
- Observation pad Indcludes graduated marks which makes measuring easier for more detailed observation
- Instantly captures images.
What this Digital Microscope Is Used For
Somewhat surprisingly this digital Microscope is not just used by people interested in science who want to view minute objects and lifeforms too small to be seen by the naked eye. While some users did purchase this microscope to encourage interest in science others purchased it for the following reasons
- Viewing Details on Stamps- For many people stamp collecting is akin to collecting minature art works and several people purchased this digital microscope in order to view the fine detail in various stamps in their stamp collections. It does let them see their stamps in an entirely new way and makes stamp collecting even more excitingg.
- Coins- Like stamp collectors coin collectors also purchased this digital microscope to better see the fine details in some of their coins as well as to better see the condition of some of the coins in their collection.
- There are also people who purchased this microscope to view the details in lace and to check the edge of knives they have sharpened.
How Easy is it to Use The Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope?
The Plugable USB 2.0 digital microscope is fairly easy to set up and use for most people. You simply download the correct software and follow the set up directions and you should be good to go. Like any equipment added to your computers Operating System you have to make sure to follow all of the steps to correctly complete installation.
One this digital microscope is set up using it is fairly easy although there is bound to be a bit of learning curve especially for anyone who never used a digital microscope before. The flexible arm for this microscope tends to bounce around quite a bit, so many people find that holding the webcam/microscope in their hand gives them more control to focus in what they are looking at.
What The Reviews Say
Reviews for the Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope are good. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages users experienced in using this digital microcope.
Many users found this digital microscope to be an excellent value and found the following advantages to purchasing it.
- Works Right Out of the Box- Once users downloaded the proper software for this microscope they could use it instantly. There was no assembly necessary and no extra items that needed to be purchased before the microscope could to be used.
- Easy To Use- Users found this microscope extremely easy to use even for children. While lining up what you were viewing did take a little finese it didn’t take even young children long to get the hang of it.
- Built in LED light is Handy- Several users really like the built in LED Light and felt that it came in handy allowing them to see some objects with the light on and others showing up better without using the light.
- Extremely Fun To Use- Most users found that this microscope was fun to use and used it to examine bugs. Flower petals, grains of pollen and sand, stamps, coins and many more things.
- Great Value- Most of the users feel that although this isn’t a high quality digital microscope it is an excellent value especially considering the majority or reviewers purchased this microscope for under $50.00.
Click here to read more pros and cons >>> Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
Not Every one however, is impressed with the USB 2.0 Digital Microscope and several users found it unable to meet thieir their needs. Some of the disadvantages users noted regarding this microscope included:
- Magnification and Clarity– The vast majority of users who gave this digital microscope less that great reviews did so because they stated that the microscope wasn’t as powerful or clear as they were expecting. It is difficult to take this type of complain completely seriously, due to the fact that this microscope sells for the price of most children’s toys and therefore consumers should be realistic in the expectations. This digital microscope isn’t designed to be used by a jeweler or in a medical laboratory, it is simply manufactured to nourish an interest in science and as a fun tool for people to explore those those more minute objectss.
- Some users also could not get their microscope to work with their computer despite the fact that the links to the software are given. This may be due to problems downloading or the software or with the microscope itself.
Overall, while the Plugable USB2.0 Digital Microscope may not be ideal for that professional or even high school science lab, it is a fun “toy” for those who are interested in science, stamp collecting or coin to collecting and just want to get a better view of minute objects and details.